Transition Radio Show, October 30, 2017
Today we discuss transitions in politics as well as health, happiness, and improving relationships.
Our first guest, Senator Steven Thayn, talks about education and healthcare in the USA, empowering individuals over institutions, and improving access to primary care.
Our second guest, Dr. Jane Guyn, shares advice and strategies on relationships and the powerful impact that sexual health and intimacy contribute to our overall health.
- Education and healthcare in the USA
- Improving access to primary care where prevention takes place
- The win/lose approach to our current political system and what needs to change
- Empowering people instead of institutions - lowering costs and improving outcomes
- Getting students engaged in their education
- Important points that can improve medical care in this country
- Focusing on access to primary care before we focus on access to hospitals
- Changing the way that primary care is paid for - insurance versus membership plans
- Couples creating a happy ending in their relationship and transforming their lives
- Living an imbalanced life and only being tuned in to certain areas while neglecting others
- The "Hollywood hype" of a perfect life and the effects of unrealistic expectations
- Rearranging priorities and making time for the things and people that matter to us
- Deconstructing barriers and creating a path and plan to great connection in relationships
- Becoming aware of your environment and how it could be affecting your intimacy
- Breaking habits and finding solutions with the right information and conversation
- The pain or embarrassment that may come with discussing intimacy
- How to cope with negative feelings of rejection from your partner
- Tips for becoming more intimate in your relationship
- The importance of sexual health to our overall health and happiness
- Smart Money Segment with Steve Sexton from Sexton Advisory Group
Thanks For Listening!
Jane Guyn: The Queen of Happy Endings. Jane Guyn is a sex coach who helps couples create a happy ending in their relationship - even if it’s been a rocky road. She uses engaging conversation, targeted home assignments and creative exercises to help clients transform their lives. Jane is a UCLA trained registered nurse, Certified Professional Sex Coach, Core Energy Coach and Doctor of Human Sexuality. She and Jim have been married for over 30 years and have an adoptive family with 6 kids. Along the way, Jane became Super Mom and lost her sense of self as a sexual woman - almost destroying her marriage. In 2016, Jane wrote the #1 Amazon Bestseller “Too Busy to Get Busy” based on her transformational BEDROOM™ mode.
Transition Radio...because everyone is either moving away from something or going toward something. Life is full of changes and with every change comes loss, even if it is a positive change like moving to a better home or getting married. Whenever change comes something must be upheaved or left behind and that creates loss and the normal, natural response to loss and grief.
Our show seeks to give you the information and the tools to make the changes you're going through smoother, easier and more life-enhancing. We look forward to you joining us on Transition Tuesday each week where we promise hot topics, engaging guests and always laughter and fun.