The Author and Artist Hour, May 9, 2021
Radio Toni A Conversation with Kez Wickham St George and Toni Lontis
Talking Points Radio Toni – A Conversation with Kez with Denise Bossarte
This show series is focused on authors and co hosted with my amazing new co host Kez Wickham St George
Kez Wickham St George is the driver of her own creativity and her passion is to inspire and nurture others to tell their stories. Her values are simple; when you touch a heart; we can change a life. By encouraging you to write or journal her belief is, it will only add value to your life.
Denise Bossarte is a novelist, poet, and award-winning photographer and artist. Denise is a certified meditation facilitator and contemplative arts teacher. She is an information technology (IT) professional working for a large urban school district. Denise holds a B.A. in chemistry, an M.S. in computer science, and a Ph.D. in developmental neuroscience. And she is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse.
Denise spent her adulthood healing herself from the traumatic impact the sexual abuse had on her life. She is not a mental health professional. She is a thriver who has traveled a healing journey and is able to share a personal, guided experience for readers to find and engage in their own journey to healing, to becoming thrivers.
Thriving After Sexual Abuse is an eloquent and empathetic self-development book laying out a blueprint for survivors to heal themselves. Denise Bossarte writes with fierce candor as she shares her own traumatic experience with childhood sexual abuse. Thriving provides tips and suggestions for readers to seek help, self-reflect, and pursue healing through a range of activities and practices and offers tangible strategies for readers to reclaim their lives and move forward to a life of Thriving
Her daytime job in IT helps to keep the household running.
She enjoys writing, teaching contemplative photography workshops, and going on photo shoots to discover the extraordinary in the ordinary world.
She teaches and photographs near her home in Texas.
Good Afternoon and Welcome to the show Denise! Since I’ve done all the talking since the beginning of the show I’m going to had you over to my co Host Kex – herself a bestselling author and alternate our questions to you
1. What was the hardest part of your healing journey?
2. Were you afraid to write the book and get it out in public?
3. How did you tell your family you were publishing the book?
4. What do you want the listeners to know?
5. You have written both non fiction and fiction – your non fiction works include 2 volumes of poems, and a whole series of art your way books – which genre to you prefer and why?
6. Your fiction series is a Novel called Glamorous and 3 short story prequels in the paranormal thriller genre. What attracted you to this genre?
7. You won a Bronze Medal for Glamorous in the Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards. How does it make you feel as an author to get praise for your wonderful writing?
8. What is the hardest genre for you to write and why?
8. As such an accomplished writer, what’s next for you Denise?
LinkedIn business page https://www.linkedin.com/company/toni-lontis-enterprises/
Electronic form to be a author Guest Australia: https://form.jotform.com/210812369125855
Electronic form to be a author Guest Rest of the world: https://form.jotform.com/210568178212858
Links to co-hosted shows:
Book a call or zoom with Toni - https://calendly.com/tonislontis
Denise links and connections –
Kez is ever the storyteller and a popular speaker at many local events; However mentoring others to tell their stories has become a large part of Kez’s life, running creative writing workshops for those that have a story to tell.
Encouraging and mentoring others to follow their passion for writing has resulted in four of her writing protégés becoming published authors. Kez also invites published authors in fiction to contact her, as she enjoys introducing their work to Facebook and Instagram by video.