Because we are all so busy with the enormous amount of work we have to do, I have provided some simple guiding questions for you to ask me about my company, Velvet Lips, and my new baby, the Sex Down South Conference. I have provided descriptions of them below, along with my bio, so that you can get a feel for what I do, who I am and the creations that I’ve built. Please feel free to add on any questions that are related to the topic at-hand, as I am really excellent thinking on my feet.
- So what kind of sexuality education does your company, Velvet Lips, provide for individuals? For couples?
- What are the most common problems that you see with the couples that you’ve helped?
- What is the best advice that you can give to someone who is single? People who are in relationships?
- What advice do you have for individuals who are either previously voluntarily sexually inactive or are recovering from a sex-related trauma but are ready to adventure back into playland?
- What areas will be covered in your Sex Down South conference? How do you go about deciding topics?
- What do you think the largest obstacle is in this region, regarding sexual health, identity, and liberation?
- What do you hope that individuals who partake in your workshops through either Velvet Lips or those offered at SDS take away from their respective experiences?
- Where do you draw your inspirations from for the work that you do and the endeavors you have undertaken?
- As a sexologist and educator, I'm sure you have seen and heard many things. What do you consider to be the most common sex-related apprehension?
- In your professional opinion, why do you think sex-related discussions, particularly here in the South, are still deemed so taboo, despite the progresses made across numerous movements and subcultures in recent years?
About Velvet Lips:
Velvet Lips is Atlanta’s first sex-positive sex education venue offering workshops and intensive coaching. We combine effective academic learning techniques with somatic sex techniques, sexological bodywork and other techniques to foster personal discovery, open dialogue, and increase sexual awareness, as well as improving your mental and physical sexuality arsenal. Whether you are a survivor of sexual trauma or looking for ideas to rev up your sex life, we are here to provide safe and sound advice for your sexual future. Velvetlipsllc.com | Twitter: @VelvetLipsLLC | FB: /VelvetLipsLLC
About Marla Renee Stewart, MA:
Marla Renee Stewart, MA is a lecturer at Clayton State University and a co-founder of the Sex Down South Conference. She is a sexologist, a professional sex, intimacy and relationship coach and sexuality educator. Gaining her reputation for being “The Sex Architect,” she created Velvet Lips, a sexuality education company, to empower people of all ages to embrace, educate and enjoy their sexuality and their sexual lives. She has studied human sexuality for more than 14 years at San Francisco State University and Georgia State University, respectively, and has expert knowledge in a wide variety of subjects. She has published academic articles and continues to do sexuality research. She has conducted workshops at conferences, not-for-profit and private organizations, as well as universities in the Atlanta area. She has been featured on many radio shows, documentaries, books, magazines and has been invited to speak at Universities around the country. She also sits on the board for SPARK Reproductive Justice and the Atlanta Harm Reduction Coalition. For more information | Twitter: @1marlastewart| Instagram:@1marlastewart | FB:/1marlareneestewart | firstname.lastname@example.org