Voices of Courage, October 7, 2018
Today we discuss the courage to overcome abuse.
In October 1981 the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence launched a "Day of Unity" for those combating and advocating against violence against women and children. Soon after, the Day of Unity became a full week also devoted to mourning victims that had died at the hands of domestic violence as well as celebrating those that have survived.
In 1989, October was designated as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, which is exactly why I felt that our first show of the month should be dedicated to this very topic. There is a lot of abuse and violence taking place in our nation as we speak, whether it's happening in our communities, in politics, or within our very own homes. It's time for us all to take a stand and learn how to prevent and end domestic violence.
My guest, Rosie Aiello, was trapped in an emotionally, mentally, and financially abusive relationship for nearly 25 years. She shares her powerful story of engineering an international escape from the Middle East to save both her and her daughter from domestic violence. Rosie shares her inspiring message along with tips for recognizing warning signs, setting boundaries, and overcoming the fear of being stuck in an unhealthy, unhappy, or dangerous relationship.
- How our country continues to become more polarized and divided every day
- Discovering practical solutions to implementing more creativity and harmony in our lives
- Becoming conscious of the stories that we tell ourselves and learning to live from the present
- Rosie Aiello's personal journey of domestic violence and how she was able to escape
- Learning how to pay attention to the warning signs and acknowledge what doesn't feel right
- Examples of emotional abuse in relationships that are often times very subtle and unnoticed
- Setting necessary boundaries and learning how to ask for help and support from others
- Why denial plays such a big role in keeping people feeling stuck in an abusive relationship
- Gaining awareness of an abuser's patterns and behavior changes or lack thereof
- Steps for overcoming fear, ending our excuses, and finding the courage to believe in ourselves
- Regaining our freedom and reclaiming who we really are after experiencing the traumas of abuse
Learn More About Ken D Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Support my show
$2.99/mo or $5.99/mo or $9.99/mo
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
Ken D Fosters Voices of Courage Radio – Podcast – TV Show is Making a Difference by Inspiring and Igniting the Dreams of our Listeners to Grow their Businesses and Lives by Knowing the Unknowable, Seeing the Unseeable and Doing the Impossible.
HOW WE DO IT
We bring Wise Guests on the Voices of Courage Shows who Empower
our Listeners to Expand their Consciousness, Realize Who they Truly
Are, in Order to Fulfill their Noble Goals. We also Deliver to our
Insider Members, Books, Special Guest Interviews,
and Programs Designed to Fulfill our Mission.
Key Word Categories:
Philosophy of Wisdom
Psychology of Success