RADIO TONI, 30/03/2022
RADIO TONI Every Day Business with Toni Lontis
Guest, Elliot Conner from Human Nature Projects, global environmental charity spanning 110 countries
Elliot is nature’s PR guy and number 1 fan. He started a global environmental charity spanning 110 countries and has gone on to create five-hit podcasts, design TV formats for US and UK broadcasts, write the bestselling book Human Nature: How to be a Better Animal, and grace stages from Davos to Seoul, Dhaka to Sydney, Glasgow to Jaipur to Marseilles. He’s been to all four corners of the world and generally made an oyster of it- playing housemaid for hedgehogs and having picnics with parrots, buttering up bandicoots and doting on ducklings, hiding from hyenas, leaping away from leopards and vacuuming vulture vomit amongst, I suspect, much else.
Elliot is the youngest CEO I know – Human Nature Projects was founded in July 2019 and Elliot leads a team of global volunteers who work tirelessly to reimagine conservation through community and collaboration. He’s an author, podcaster and documentary filmmaker, policy changer and so much more
WELCOME back to the show Eliott!
Questions for the Guest: these are a guide only and we will just have a conversation and go where it goes.
1. Let’s take the audience on the journey of Elliot it’s an interesting story – where are you in the world as we chat today? Raptors in South of France, research into ENGO’s, power of community, wildlife conservation and volunteers, 100 countries – community-led wildlife conservation at the age of 16
2. Last time we spoke you were finishing the last year of high school, homeschooling, contemplating a gap year then university - what’s happened in your world since then?
3. You have witnessed some terrible tragedies in terms of our animal kingdom from foxes dying in the Australian heat, to the coral bleaching in the great barrier reef. What are you working on to drive change? – streaming channel, environmental policy, nature news,
4. Let’s talk all things podcasting – you’ve just launched the 5tt podcast – The New Ark – tell me about it?
5. Your bestselling book Human Nature: How to be a Better Animal – I knew you wanted to write when we first spoke but tell me how the book came to life and what it's been like since you published?
6. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." Is you motivational quote – why does it resonate with you above all others?
7. What’s the bigger vision and plan for Elliot Conner, what does the future hold?
8. How do people connect with you Elliott?
Support my show
$2.99/mo or $5.99/mo or $9.99/mo
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
Radio Toni is hosted by Toni Lontis, author of Resilience – Memoir of a broken little girl discovering a women of strength and beauty. She is Australia’s rising talkback radio queen, who is not afraid to facilitate interviews across the more difficult conversations of our day, bringing her brand of social consciousness to the airwaves.
Radio Toni is a community of like-minded people who are dedicated to making their life journey inspirational, wanting to leave a legacy for others.
Toni is an inspirational woman who has dedicated her life’s work to helping women and the men who love them to find their passion, purpose and voice.