Transition Radio Show, 06/06/2017
Today we discuss overcoming adversity and finding the path to peace.
Our first guest, Jack Gutman, shares his painful journey with post-traumatic stress disorder. As one of the last surviving veterans of D-Day, he describes the horror of the invasion of Normandy Beach. Our second guest, Azim Khamisa, is the Founder of the Tariq Khamisa Foundation. This foundation was created after the murder of his son and is dedicated to ending violence among our youth. Listen as they share their individual stories of tragedy that transition into peace.
- Stories and solutions to some of the challenges that come from war and violence
- Jack Gutman’s experience with PTSD – His journey of healing the wounds of war
- The story of Tariq Khamisa – How his father Azim handled this tragedy
- Tragedy in our lives – How we can handle and overcome it
- Why violence is so prevalent – What are the solutions?
- The issue of youth violence in our world today
- A segment with Steve Sexton on smart money
- Jack Gutman’s book on PTSD and coping with life: One Veteran’s Journey to Heal the Wounds of War
- Azim Khamisa’s books on forgiveness, fulfillment, and peace: From Murder to Forgiveness: A Father’s Journey, From Forgiveness to Fulfillment, and From Fulfillment to Peace: A Roadmap to the Soul
- Free guided meditation with Azim Khamisa: Free Download 1 / Free Download 2
Transition Radio...because everyone is either moving away from something or going toward something. Life is full of changes and with every change comes loss, even if it is a positive change like moving to a better home or getting married. Whenever change comes something must be upheaved or left behind and that creates loss and the normal, natural response to loss and grief.
Our show seeks to give you the information and the tools to make the changes you're going through smoother, easier and more life-enhancing. We look forward to you joining us on Transition Tuesday each week where we promise hot topics, engaging guests and always laughter and fun.