Insight Intelligence, May 26, 2022
Insight Intelligence with Mario Bekes and Toni Lontis
All About the Co Host: Mario grew up in Communist Croatia (then part of Yugoslavia) and he witnessed a lot of social unrest – before finding himself in the middle of the Croatian War of Independence. Mario's world quickly turned upside down. One morning when he woke to a knock at the door. His family and his girlfriend were gone. His neighbors were packing, fleeing the city. And the military were at his door, saying, "Report at the army barracks in one hour."
Mario Bekes is a natural leader, public speaker, result-driven, best-selling published book author, relationship-builder, and facilitator with experience in investigative techniques and interviewing, interrogation methods, corporate human and competitive business intelligence.
Over the past 30 years Mario has conducted various types of investigations in government sectors, department of defense, department of foreign affairs, corporate and insurance sector in Australia and overseas applying my knowledge, expertise, academic research and training in investigative intelligence and investigative-interviewing techniques.
With proven investigative techniques and strategies from our analytical internal systems, you can stop worrying about the next investigation, insurance claim, intellectual property theft, industrial espionage, and whistleblowers in your organization.
This is the 7th in a series of 8 weekly shows on a powerful subject and it’s a privilege to cohost this interesting show series with Mr Mario Bekes BUT Before I introduce you to my amazing Co-Host here’s what you need to know..
WELCOME back to the show Mario!
Questions for the Guest: these are a guide only and we will just have a conversation and go where it goes.
Week 8 we will recap and talk about what’s next for Mario and the team.
1. Mario, we have covered a long list of topics over the last couple of months so today we get to recap those topics which will be enormous fun! Before we do that you are almost back home in Australia after a global training tour of UK, Eastern Europe, Dubai, Singapore and the Phillipines. Can we talk about what you’ve observed in your time overseas? What’s happening out there, especially from an intelligence perspective and from a human perspective?
2. The Insight Intelligence Institute offers incredible courses from Strategic Interviewing to Competitive and Human Business Intelligence Analysis. What is your personal favourite course to teach and train people in and what’s the most popular course you teach?
3. We had a wonderful conversation about Whistle-Blowers and their protection of them when they identify fraud or crime in the corporate and private sector. Australians are a bit averse to being labelled as “dobbers” (a colloquialism for whistleblower) however this is such an important thing to do in stopping fraud and crime in business. From a global perspective and your vast experience, Mario are we Aussies the only ones that view it this way?
4. Surveillance is a key component of your business Mario. This topic covered a number of areas including desktop surveillance and situational surveillance. I love to hear a surveillance story from your treasure chest of stories Mario? A funny one if there is such a thing or one with a good ending?
5. Another area of the Insight Intelligence workload is forensic investigations and I love the discussion we had around this topic. We talked about the way these investigations are portrayed in the media and the actual reality of whe they look like. Mario a lot of the teams work is around data recovery, car and marine forensics. Can you tell us about one of your successful investigations in this area – deidentified of course.
6. The very first show focussed on factual and socmint (Social Media Intelligence and network mapping) I’m assuming that this is an ever-growing part of investigative work. Mario, how has social media changed the investigative landscape in the years since you started in in investigative work?
7. Just a reminder that Mario has a number of books and currently has a new release called Blood Soaked Soil, I’m listening to the audio version now…..Mario where’s the best place for buy the book? The website, amazon and all good book stores.
Please join in next week, at the same time for a SURPRISE instalment in Insight Intelligence, where we are going to focus on Mario the author and speaker, provided that’s ok with Mario of course.
Thank you Mario!
Mario Bekes proactive and dynamic talks can bring insight in the following ways
- Learn how to plan, manage and execute investigations at your workplace
- How to manage informants and whistleblowers at the workplace
- Learn how to protect information while you analyze a person or competitor
- Psychological Profiling and Target Profile
- Methods and Techniques for Successful Surveillance Investigations
Tune into Mario Bekes, a natural leader, public speaker, result-driven, published book author, relationship-builder, and facilitator with experience in investigative techniques and interviewing interrogation methods, corporate human, and competitive business intelligence.