Dont Panic Its Organic, 24/03/2018
Don’t Panic It’s Organic with Andy Lopez, Aka: The Invisible Gardener and guest Michael Wittman, Char-man of the Board, Blue Sky Biochar at https://www.blueskybiochar.com/
Biochar's high carbon content and porous composition helps soil to retain water, nutrients, protect soil microbes, and ultimately increase crop yields while growing healthier, more productive, disease-resistant plants. All this while helping combat global climate change by sequestering and stabilizing rich organic carbon in your soil.
Leave your carbon footprint in the garden...
“If you could continually turn a lot of organic material into biochar, you could, over time, reverse the history of the last two hundred years…We can, literally, start sucking some of the carbon that our predecessors have poured into the atmosphere down through our weeds and stalks and stick it back in the ground. We can run the movie backward. We can unmine some of the coal, undrill some of the oil. We can take at least pieces of the Earth and – this is something we haven’t done for quite a while – leave them Better Than We Found Them.” -Bill McKibben, author, climate activist and founder of 350.org
Don’t Panic It’s Organic!
Banish pesticides and chemical fertilizers
from your garden.
The Invisible Gardener is here
to show you how to work with
Mother Nature instead of against her.
What are you putting in your soil? How are you dealing with garden pests and diseases? Conventional horticulture assaults the earth with pesticides and chemicals, sucking essential nutrients from the soil with each harvest. Organic gardening offers a healthier, more productive, and more sustainable alternative.
andy Lopez, a.k.a. the Invisible Gardener, started his business in 1970 and through this show he will reveal how to work in partnership with your garden while consuming less energy and producing fewer greenhouse gases.
Under Andy’s expert tutelage, you’ll discover -
- the importance of having 'living' soil
- natural tree care by understanding the Law of Cause and Effect how you can control bark beetles and other pests and diseases
- natural disease control by using a Refractometer to get Brix readings
- what Brix is and how you can use it for your garden
- the correct way to make use of compost and mulch, and why we make it in the first place
- natural pest control, the Greater the Stress, the Greater the Pest
- you will know what Brix is and how you can use it for your garden
- the correct way to make and use compost and mulch, and why we make it in the first place
- natural pest control: my motto is the Greater the Stress, the Greater the Pest
- organic lawn care and weed control
- natural spraying methods
- how to reduce your garden’s water needs
- what the role of Mycelium is and how to help it
- what rock dust is and how to use it
Conventional horticulture still clings to the claim that organic and conventional growing methods yield the same results. Andy reveals the flaws in this argument, proving organic practices and heirloom seed use can actually increase harvests.
Even if organic and conventional growing methods had the same results, which would you prefer: soil leached of nutrients by chemical overuse, or rich, natural loam cultivated by your own hands and Andy’s practical, proven methods?
A real gardener knows the answer instinctively. Don’t Panic Go Organic - you’ll never regret it.
The Invisible Gardener show will be a mix of andy’s gardening wisdom along with electronic music he writes himself. He is also an environmentalist and his shows reflect this. Listen to him live on BBSRadio.com every Sat Mornings 1 to 1:55 pm pst