Voices of Courage, April 21, 2019
Today we discuss how to free yourself from the personal prisons that are disempowering you.
Freedom – we all want it, right? In fact, we live in a nation that prides itself on being free. But are you really free, or are you a prisoner of your own thoughts, fears, and doubts?
The mind is either the cause of our bondage or the cause of our liberation. So, if you’re thinking in ways that are disempowering to you, then you’re actually releasing chemicals in your body that are supporting those thoughts time and time again.
The good news is, you have control over your thoughts, and by acknowledging them you can learn to shift your focus and remove yourself from any kind of a prison that you’ve put yourself in.
My first guest, Lee McCormick, has been a creative force in the Mental Health and Recovery scene for over 20 years. He joins me today to discuss taking responsibility for how we respond to our thoughts and why identifying ourselves by our thoughts can create conflict in our lives. Lee also shares the distinct differences of living from a role-centered life versus a soul-centered life.
My second guest, Geneen Roth, is the author of ten books, including the just-released This Messy Magnificent Life and New York Times bestsellers When Food Is Love, Lost and Found, and Women Food and God. She joins me today to discuss the relationship we have with ourselves and how we can disengage the voice of our inner critic that tends to hold us back from happiness and success.
- Why many people live with a sense of false pride that keeps them stuck and full of regret in life
- How we can get ourselves out of the personal prisons we’ve subconsciously put ourselves in
- The impact that disempowering thoughts have on our lives and how we can shift them
- Why we search for our identity in labels and how they can change our perception of reality
- How identifying ourselves by our thoughts can create conflict and suffering in our lives
- Taking responsibility for how we respond to our thoughts rather than allowing them to control us
- The major differences between living from a role-centered life as opposed to a soul-centered life
Learn More About Ken D Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Support my show
$2.99/mo or $5.99/mo or $9.99/mo
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
Ken D Fosters Voices of Courage Radio – Podcast – TV Show is Making a Difference by Inspiring and Igniting the Dreams of our Listeners to Grow their Businesses and Lives by Knowing the Unknowable, Seeing the Unseeable and Doing the Impossible.
HOW WE DO IT
We bring Wise Guests on the Voices of Courage Shows who Empower
our Listeners to Expand their Consciousness, Realize Who they Truly
Are, in Order to Fulfill their Noble Goals. We also Deliver to our
Insider Members, Books, Special Guest Interviews,
and Programs Designed to Fulfill our Mission.
Key Word Categories:
Philosophy of Wisdom
Psychology of Success