RADIO TONI, 09/03/2022
RADIO TONI Every Day Business with Toni Lontis
Guest, Matthew Caruna
Trigger warning - What Would You Do With A Second Chance At Life?
Matthew is a Youth Advocate Suicide Survivor and mental Fitness Facilitator. Up until the age of 12, Matt had lived a very typical life for a child in the city of Sydney. He had a great family, lots of friends, and a comforting neighborhood BUT then everything changed drastically.
Matthew began to question his self-worth, self-image, and whether he even brought value to the world. As the tentacles of depression embedded in his life, his worthlessness increased and he struggled with these emotions by himself, bottled them up inside, and kept them within. This led him on a path of destruction with drug use and at the age of 16 decided that enough was enough and he attempted suicide to end the pain and suffering he was feeling.
Thankfully for us, Matt was unsuccessful and woke up instead in the Spinal Cord Injury until in hospital unable to walk and confined to a wheelchair. We say thankfully because we now get to chat with this amazing young man.
Motts’s mission is to Inform, Inspire and influence millions of mindsets and for them to improve their quality of life. His goal is to facilitate a person towards transforming adversity into an advantage through the power of self-awareness, values, and authenticity.
WELCOME to the show Matt!
Questions for the Guest: these are a guide only and we will just have a conversation and go where it goes.
1. So much to talk about that attempt how you were feeling in that moment and why you wanted to end your life that day? I think it’s important that we openly talk about those moments so that people recognize they are at the moment where they need to reach out and talk to someone. Every life is precious and ending it deprives the world of the wonderfully unique and precious human being we all are.
2. What was your first thought upon waking up in the hospital?
3. How did you get through that time? What was instrumental in helping you get through that time and re-entering life again?
4. How did your family react?
6. Tell me about what you do now? Why did you start your business? Workshops, speaking, coaching
7. What does mental fitness mean to you and why is it important?
8. You talk about meaningful connection can you describe that for the audience and the importance?
9. What drives you now, what are you passionate about?
10. How can people work with you
11. What are your dreams hopes and desires for the future?
Support my show
$2.99/mo or $5.99/mo or $9.99/mo
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
Radio Toni is hosted by Toni Lontis, author of Resilience – Memoir of a broken little girl discovering a women of strength and beauty. She is Australia’s rising talkback radio queen, who is not afraid to facilitate interviews across the more difficult conversations of our day, bringing her brand of social consciousness to the airwaves.
Radio Toni is a community of like-minded people who are dedicated to making their life journey inspirational, wanting to leave a legacy for others.
Toni is an inspirational woman who has dedicated her life’s work to helping women and the men who love them to find their passion, purpose and voice.