The New Reality Show, 06/11/2021
WHAT IS INSOMNIA?
Let’s take a look at some of the causes and effects of insomnia. It’s defined as the inability to sleep. But that’s just a small part of the story. There is a range of problems that are indications of an insomnia problem. Here are examples:
You find it hard to get to sleep at night
You wake up during the night
You wake up early and can’t get back to sleep
You feel tired after waking up
You feel worn-out, irritable and have trouble concentrating during the day
You find it difficult to nap in the daytime even though you are tired
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH SLEEP
According to the UK’s NHS website
Without enough sleep here are some of the problems people experience:
Moodiness and mood swings
Easily frustrated or angry
Trouble solving problems – loss of mental sharpness
Clumsiness and accidents
Trouble controlling emotions
After missing 1 night you become irritable & clumsy
After 2 nights you have trouble carrying out normal tasks
After 5 nights without sleep, a person is likely to start hallucinating
Taken to the extreme, without enough sleep you’d probably die.
Sleep doesn’t just give you a rest, although that’s part of its role. When you’re sleeping, your body and mind are doing some amazing things.
WHAT IS MADE BETTER BY A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP?
improves your ability to learn.
Better focus & attention
make better decisions
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF INSOMNIA? - Temporary causes include
an uncomfortable bed,
drinking too much caffeine or alcohol before bedtime,
sleeping in a room that’s either too hot or too cold.
Jet lag which disrupts normal time zone body pattern
. Severe and longer-lasting is caused by
2. Anxiety &
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP AND END INSOMNIA?
9 Non-Hypnotic Techniques to Treat Insomnia Successfully
First, there are plenty of non-hypnotic strategies your subjects and clients can use to tackle insomnia. So, before we find out how to deal with them hypnotically, here is a brief list of the non-hypnotic methods at their disposal along with some advice you can pass on to them.
1. Develop A Sleep Routine – Encourage your subjects to go to bed at the same time every night to establish a pattern, and stick to it.
2. Go to Bed to Sleep… Or Even Have Sex – Encourage them to avoid doing anything else while they’re in the bed. Reading or browsing online keeps their brain engaged and makes it more difficult for them to switch off.
3. Make a No Technology Rule – Blue light from screens inhibits melatonin production (the sleep hormone). So, either encourage them not to use them at least two hours before bedtime, or to download a blue light filter app to turn the blue light off.
4. Monitor Food & Drink Intake – Encourage your clients to avoid caffeine for 4-8 hours before going to bed. They should also try not to eat any food for 2-4 hours before bedtime. They should go to bed feeling neither hungry nor stuffed, as either feeling could be enough to make them feel uncomfortable and make it harder to get to sleep.
5. Don’t Overdo It – They should also try not to exercise within 2-4 hours before going to sleep. Exercise can actually help people sleep by de-stressing the body. But if they exercise too close to bedtime they risk being overstimulated, which again makes it difficult to get any shuteye.
6. Avoid Alcohol Near Bedtime – If they need a drink, encourage them to drink some water. Alcohol dehydrates the body and reduces REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. That means they’re more likely to feel drowsy and unable to concentrate properly during the daytime.
7. Practice 4-7-8 Yogic Breathing – The idea is to count to 4 as you inhale, hold one’s breath for 7 counts, then exhale for 8 counts. The numbers may not be significant, but the concept of focusing on their breathing could help your clients relax, unwind, and eventually drop off to sleep.
8. Sleep in a Dark Room – Be sure their sleeping room is dark. Even the red light on a clock or radio is enough to keep people awake.
9. Practice Good Nutrition – Eating junk food that causes indigestion can prevent good sleep. Be sure their food provides all the vitamins and amino-acids required for health.
You’re listening to The New Reality Show on BBS Talk Radio with Drs. Art Emrich and Dr. Christina Winsey. We are talking about INSOMNIA, What is it?, What causes it? How does it affect you? And What can you do about it?
Support my show
$2.99/mo. or give up to $49.99/mo.
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
The New Reality Show
On this call-in live show, Dr. Art Emrich, Ph.D. and Dr. Christina Winsey, D.C. want to be your guides, assisting and empowering you to create your new reality for greater happiness, less stress, more health and success. These two dynamic co-hosts will help you learn how to take charge of your own amazing mind and emotions, so that you will better navigate these chaotic and stressful times with more ease than you thought possible.
The caterpillar goes from chaos to order, struggling within its chrysalis, looking like a soupy mess, before it becomes a butterfly and lives its beautiful NEW REALITY. Humans also struggle (especially in these challenging times). Someone once said “Growth is messy,” but it’s a vital part of creating a life you love. We all need support while on the road to greater happiness, peace of mind, self-confidence, success and well-being.
Dr. Art and Dr. Chris want to empower you to heal yourself in mind, body, and spirit so that you can achieve success in whatever is important to you. You will discover, first-hand, some of the tools and techniques they have successfully used with countless clients.
Some of the topics they will tackle include:
Wrangling in a racing mind,
Solving sleep problems,
Help for PTSD sufferers,
Addiction recovery and stopping negative, addictive habits,
Reducing stress overwhelm, and managing the unavoidable life stressors more effectively.
…and many other nagging challenges that reduce your happiness, success and well-being.
From time-to-time the show will also include revealing fireside chats and fascinating interviews. You will find answers and solutions that help you tap into and own your inner power, based on the amazing, holistic discoveries in neuro, behavioral, and health sciences, quantum physics, law of attraction, laser coaching, neuro-linguistic programming, emotional freedom and so much more.
Please like our Facebook Page