Lauren Price, YN1, US Navy (Retired), is the founder of “Veteran Warriors,” a national veterans’ advocacy group, and she has led that organization since its creation in 2009. She has testified before Congress on veteran issues.
- Graduated from Omega Institute, (Cinnaminson, NJ) with Paralegal Certification 1987
- Graduated from Saint Leo University, B.S. Criminal Justice, Minor in Psychology
- Eighteen years of experience in the legal profession
- Enlisted in the U.S. Navy January 3, 2005. Served at a Shore Command until deployment to Iraq, ultimately returning to Shore duty upon her return.
- Served as a Convoy Driver and Public Affairs Officer for a year in Baghdad, Iraq – February 2007 – March 2008
- Served as Intel and Logistics Lead Petty Officer at Defense Logistics Agency, U.S. Central Command
- Awards: Army Commendation Medal, Joint Service Achievement Medal, Army Achievement, Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal –(with star), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Naval Reserve Meritorious Service, Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Navy Overseas Service Ribbon, Army Driver Badge
- Medically retired from the U.S. Navy January 2015
- Married to James Price, Senior Chief, USN, (Ret.), five (5) adult sons, (3 veterans – 1 Air Force, 2 Army and 1 active duty Navy). Resides in Florida since 2004
- Community Service:
- Guardian Ad Litem, Sixth Judicial District, October 2004 – October 2011.
- Pro Bono Child Support Assistance – 1987 – Present