Rochelle Alicia Strider
Rochelle Alicia Strider has been acting and teaching for almost 40 years. She began her professional acting career in New York City in the early 60's as part of the theatrical renaissance; starting with La Mama ETC of which she is a founding member and The Open Theater which introduced her to the improvisational skills she employs and teaches to this day. She went on to appear in over 20 productions off-Broadway. She appeared on Broadway as Simone Everade in "Marat Sade..." and also created roles on Public Television and the original NYPD.
In the mid-seventies she began a quest to incorporate her personal journey into her art, and in 1975, met Errol Strider to form a partnership in marriage and in what they now call, Innertainment and the parenting of two sons. She has taught acting classes for young and mature professionals in New York City, Boulder Colorado, Israel, Europe and San Francisco. She continues to teach acting skills to people who wish to grow spiritually. She is currently writing a text on "Acting With Love" -the A.W.L. process.
As she grows and deepens her understanding of what makes us tick she shares these insights with her audiences and students in the most Inner'taining way possible.
Some of Rochelle's, and her husband Errol Strider's, programs and productions have included:
- Touring the United States for over 12 years with their original production of "Family Baggage" and accompanying workshop, "Unloading Your Baggage," both of which deal with dysfunctional families, addiction and abuse.
- Touring summer camps sponsored by the United Methodist Church doing performances and conducting workshops on life style and spiritual values.
- Teaching at the Master's degree program for Matthew Fox at the Institute for Creation Centered Spirituality at Mundelein College and Dominican University.
- Errol led a series of workshops on freedom and empowerment at the Boulder County Jail.
- A series of performances and workshops sponsored by The Attorney General of the State of Mississippi.
- Leading a Sunday gathering in Boulder, Colorado for almost three years.
- Conducting a series of workshop for over 10 years called, "From Fear to Freedom"
- Leading workshops for many hospitals and treatment centers all across the United States
- Performing and leading workshops for many Indian reservations
- Doing performances, services and workshops for many church denominations across the country
- Creating and leading events for College Campus Ministry programs from coast to coast
- Producing and performing the "Laughing Heart Show" an ongoing series of performances
- Performing and leading workshops for school staffs and for High School students
- Producing video and audio programs as well as publishing several volumes of poems, parables and performance pieces, including a 15 part television series, "The Gathering."
"Insight out...The Naked Truth"
A conversation about the Human Condition
and what to make of it
With Errol & Rochelle Strider
Strider Innertainment" combines philosophical inquiry, spiritual discovery, social development and psychological growth with comedy, theater, media, poetry and photography.
TUNE IN and ENJOY!
Drawing on a variety of teachings from various traditions of spirituality, psychology, philosophy and revelation, Errol and Rochelle present ideas and ideals in a way that makes them accessible, relevant, funny and poignant.
The purpose of "Insight Out--the Naked Truth" is to help you (en)lighten your life by getting to the core of any issue that concerns you (issues that frustrate, confuse, bug, disturb you or just boggle the mind--hence "The Naked Truth")
So much of the troubles and suffering in our world come from limited perspectives, un-challenged beliefs and assumptions and last but not least, taking ourselves way to seriously. Many humans struggle unnecessarily because the context in which we attempt to understand our lives, establish values and make decisions is conditioned by ignorance, fear and confused thinking.
Through conscious conversation, sketches, poetry, music, guests, interviews, and call in "Insight Out--the Naked Truth" exposes the human condition in order to expand our awareness, develop wisdom and make life a more joyous and creative experience.
Please join us and participate in the conversation.
Please visit our web site for more information about "Strider Innertainment" where you can hear previous radio broadcasts and watch videos of live performances. https://thelaughingheart.wordpress.com/
To get a head start on our philosophy and the often whimsical way it is delivered, go to Errol's blog, http://insightoutwitherrol.blogspot.com/