The Music Business Connection is the fastest growing program about the music business. As a Podcast recently featured in the "New And Noteworthy" section of iTunes, this is especially created for musicians and other people who work and play in the music industry. We focus on providing exciting content about people in the music business, in a laid back format.
Recent guests have included:
- Bobby Kimball (Original Lead Singer for the band Toto with hits like "Hold The Line", "Rosanna", and "Africa")
- Mark Piro (Razor & Tie Entertainment, and Audio Spark)
- Steven Scharf (Carlin America, and Steven Scharf Entertainment)
- Desi Serna (Professional Guitarist, Author of "Guitar Theory For Dummies")
- Steve Stewart (Former Manager of the Stone Temple Pilots)
- Ezina LeBlanc (Recording Artist, Soap Opera Actress, Former Miss Black USA)
- Scott Kahn (CEO at MusicPlayers.com, Musician and founding member of "Days Before Tomorrow")
- JildyT (Recording Artist, New Single "Love, Love, Love" features Snoop Dogg)
As a guest on your show, I would like to talk about the music business, new technology related to music, and other music business topics...
In the Spring of 1996 Terrance D. Schemansky started a record company called 3000 Records. The label started out mostly as a concept (a name) used for the organization of a local compilation album in Kalamazoo, Michigan! After that first local project, another album was organized nationally. By the year 2000, through the use of the internet, the company started to slowly grow worldwide. Since then a variety of promotional services have been created, and the label is used for helping musicians and other record labels with their promotional needs. Let’s face it, everyone knows the music business is “tough”. However, the approach taken by 3000 Records has been to build relationships one person at a time. Whether it’s conneting with people in the music industry (Ex: radio DJs, A&R, producers, etc.) OR connecting with other musicians, we realize the importance of networking. With each connection, we have been able to continue to grow while helping musicians reach the ears of the music industry and music fans. In an industry where there is a ton of noise and static, we cut through and reach people one on one.