Change It Up, 27/05/2018
Today we speak in remembrance of those who have fallen in battle to serve their country and we discuss healing the painful wounds of war.
My father Jack Gutman, one of the last surviving veterans of the Invasion of Normandy, joins us today to share the story of his 66 year-long battle with PTSD and how he got the help he so desperately needed to regain control of his life.
- Facts about Memorial Day that you may have never heard before
- What happens to many survivors that don’t fall in battle
- What PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) looks like
- How PTSD can affect anyone who’s experienced a significant traumatic event
- Some of the symptoms of someone suffering from PTSD
- Addictive habits and self-medicating methods that often develop from trauma
- Different types of treatment available today for PTSD
- The events of D-Day and the Battle of Okinawa that changed Jack Gutman’s life forever
- Why many people are afraid to talk about PTSD or may be unaware that they’re suffering
Learn More About Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
We're thrilled to have you here on the Change It Up Radio Show!
Whether you're feeling Happy, Sad, Mad or Glad... it never hurts to "Change It Up"!
Tired of the rut you’re stuck in but don’t know what to do…Change It Up!
This show is about connecting with your self, and with members of the opposite sex, to embrace growth, change, and new ways of being and doing
Each show, we'll explore topics that inspire men and women to welcome Change and Create a New Kind of Conversation!
Look for inspiring guests and guest hosts who will ignite an introspective dialog!
We’re here to uplift, support, engage and inspire each other while honoring differences of opinion and ideas. Please join our conversations with an open heart and mind.
So, if you're tired of the rut you’re stuck in and you’re seeking more clarity, inspiration and motivation, and you're ready to shed your fear of change... we encourage you to join the conversation and listen in!
We want to hear from you with topic ideas, questions and opinions.
Tune in Saturdays and Sundays @ 7:00 pm. We can't wait to connect with you!