Transition Radio Show, 12/03/2018
Today we discuss talk that gets results so that we can all learn to communicate more effectively.
Our guest, Dr. Janet “JJ” Sawyer, shares her insight on effective communication, leading with power, and becoming a self-aware, intentional leader.
- What some people do to communicate effectively
- Struggling to find the right thing to say and communicating effectively with someone that’s hurting
- 4 things you can do to help someone you care about who’s in emotional pain
- Self-awareness and what it really means
- The power of being more self-aware and intentional as a leader
- What effective leaders do to get the job done
- Discovering what type of energy you put into the 4 areas of your life with the DISC assessment
- Revealing personal characteristics – Are you an eagle, a parrot, a dove, or an owl?
- Shifting leadership to match the people you’re speaking to
- Creating a balance of personalities to develop a nice flow in the workplace
- 21 leadership behaviors and the 4 that cannot be taught
Thanks For Listening!
Transition Radio...because everyone is either moving away from something or going toward something. Life is full of changes and with every change comes loss, even if it is a positive change like moving to a better home or getting married. Whenever change comes something must be upheaved or left behind and that creates loss and the normal, natural response to loss and grief.
Our show seeks to give you the information and the tools to make the changes you're going through smoother, easier and more life-enhancing. We look forward to you joining us on Transition Tuesday each week where we promise hot topics, engaging guests and always laughter and fun.