Dont Panic Its Organic, 16/03/2019
Don't Panic Its Organic with Andy Lopez, aka: The Invisible Gardener with guest Josh Tickell
Josh Tickell’s movies have won more than 40 major awards, have been selected as a NYTimes Critics’ Pick, shortlisted for an Oscar, and shown in the White House. He has spoken at more than 100 colleges and Fortune 500 businesses globally. Josh has been a guest on The Tonight Show, Good Morning America, Morning Joe and on the Today Show. He recently co-directed the Lionsgate release, GOOD FORTUNE. Tickell’s new book, Kiss the Ground – How the Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Change, Heal Your Body and Save the World is being turned into a movie from executive producer Leonardo DiCaprio.
Don’t Panic It’s Organic!
Banish pesticides and chemical fertilizers
from your garden.
The Invisible Gardener is here
to show you how to work with
Mother Nature instead of against her.
What are you putting in your soil? How are you dealing with garden pests and diseases? Conventional horticulture assaults the earth with pesticides and chemicals, sucking essential nutrients from the soil with each harvest. Organic gardening offers a healthier, more productive, and more sustainable alternative.
andy Lopez, a.k.a. the Invisible Gardener, started his business in 1970 and through this show he will reveal how to work in partnership with your garden while consuming less energy and producing fewer greenhouse gases.
Under Andy’s expert tutelage, you’ll discover -
- the importance of having 'living' soil
- natural tree care by understanding the Law of Cause and Effect how you can control bark beetles and other pests and diseases
- natural disease control by using a Refractometer to get Brix readings
- what Brix is and how you can use it for your garden
- the correct way to make use of compost and mulch, and why we make it in the first place
- natural pest control, the Greater the Stress, the Greater the Pest
- you will know what Brix is and how you can use it for your garden
- the correct way to make and use compost and mulch, and why we make it in the first place
- natural pest control: my motto is the Greater the Stress, the Greater the Pest
- organic lawn care and weed control
- natural spraying methods
- how to reduce your garden’s water needs
- what the role of Mycelium is and how to help it
- what rock dust is and how to use it
Conventional horticulture still clings to the claim that organic and conventional growing methods yield the same results. Andy reveals the flaws in this argument, proving organic practices and heirloom seed use can actually increase harvests.
Even if organic and conventional growing methods had the same results, which would you prefer: soil leached of nutrients by chemical overuse, or rich, natural loam cultivated by your own hands and Andy’s practical, proven methods?
A real gardener knows the answer instinctively. Don’t Panic Go Organic - you’ll never regret it.
The Invisible Gardener show will be a mix of andy’s gardening wisdom along with electronic music he writes himself. He is also an environmentalist and his shows reflect this. Listen to him live on BBSRadio.com every Sat Mornings 1 to 1:55 pm pst