Coach Mango has been teaching combative sports for over 30 years. He is one of the only coaches in the world to train and teach fighters at the highest level. In Boxing, Thai Boxing, and Mixed Martial Arts. One of the ways Coach Mango has achieved this is through the study of body mechanics. He has a way of creating a style that fits the fighter, and not the fighter to a style. Coach Mango started his career off in Amateur Boxing. He then moved to California where he studied and taught Thai Boxing at San Jose Thai Boxing Academy. Shortly after, he became the head fight coach there. He trained a short time at Ralph Gracies Academy under David Camarillo and BJ Penn. After 11 years of training and teaching in Cali, he moved back to Illinois to be closer with his family. He then met and started teaching and coaching Jeff Curran. Jeff was gracious enough to let Coach Mango help him start and help run The world famous Curran Martial Arts and MMA and Boxing team. Coach Mango has opened a new facility with his business partner Brian Norris. Looking to create new champions under his tutelage.
Notable fighters Coach Mango has worked with:
- Jeff “Big Frog” Curran; UFC, WEC, PRIDE and Strike Force Veteran.
- Pat Curran; Bellator World Champion.
- Bart Palaszewski; UFC, WEC Veteran.
- Nate Mohr; UFC Veteran.
- Mike Stumph; UFC Veteran.
- Felice Herrig; UFC, Bellator, invicta veteran.
- Danny Kelly; ISKA Muay Thai world champion.
- Nick Ramirez; Professional Boxer 10-0.
- Sarah Curran; Professional Boxer 3-1-1.
- Lois Theobold; Professional Boxer.