Insight Out...the Naked Truth with Errol and Rochelle Alicia Strider
"Insight out...The Naked Truth"
A conversation about the Human Condition
and what to make of it
With Errol & Rochelle Strider
Strider Innertainment" combines philosophical inquiry, spiritual discovery, social development and psychological growth with comedy, theater, media, poetry and photography.TUNE IN and ENJOY!
Drawing on a variety of teachings from various traditions of spirituality, psychology, philosophy and revelation, Errol and Rochelle present ideas and ideals in a way that makes them accessible, relevant, funny and poignant.
The purpose of "Insight Out--the Naked Truth" is to help you (en)lighten your life by getting to the core of any issue that concerns you (issues that frustrate, confuse, bug, disturb you or just boggle the mind--hence "The Naked Truth")
So much of the troubles and suffering in our world come from limited perspectives, un-challenged beliefs and assumptions and last but not least, taking ourselves way to seriously. Many humans struggle unnecessarily because the context in which we attempt to understand our lives, establish values and make decisions is conditioned by ignorance, fear and confused thinking.
Through conscious conversation, sketches, poetry, music, guests, interviews, and call in "Insight Out--the Naked Truth" exposes the human condition in order to expand our awareness, develop wisdom and make life a more joyous and creative experience.
Please join us and participate in the conversation.
Talk Show Program Archives for Podcasting
Errol Strider has been an actor, dancer, poet and playwright, apartment house manager in San Francisco and president of the AEPi pledge class at the University of Missouri.
He was secretary to a Lady Presbyterian Minister at the International Museum of EroticArt.
He danced a week at the Yiddish American VAudeville Theater in Miami beach, Florida.
He danced the part or Jesus for the Franciscan Sisters of the Perpetual Adoration.
He's had 3 hernia operations.
Taught acting, dance and theater history at the U. of Miami
Was artistic director of 3 theater companies.
Was featured on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" for covering his genitals with a fanny pack.
Spent a year walking the streets of San Francisco making soulful contact with at least 15 strangers a day--and wasn't arrested
Nine years living at a clothing optional retreat in Northern CA so he didn't have to decide what to wear everyday.
Went to 2 women's colleges, but was only thrown out of one of them because of a sex scandal.
Has written and performed many philosophical, satirical and metaphysical sketches and performed them for thousands of people from a wide variety of groups.
Co-write and co-starred in the national tour of "Family Baggage"-a recovery show.
Spent nine years as a hypnotherapist traveling the country doing seminars for people to lose weight and quit smoking.
Has been married to the most esteemed and gorgeous Rochelle Strider for 45 years who considers him a bonafide idiot savant.(but who's counting)
Raised two sons with Rochelle.
Written and performed numerous comedy sketches.
Though tempted, steadfastly refuses to take himself seriously...even when he's depressed
Has cultivated a dynamic faith.
A Jewish boy who discovered another Jewish boy-Jeshua Ben Joseph--and became life-long friends.
Lived so far out of the spiritual box that his Jewish mother said, "please, just be an actor."
Had his mid-life crisis at age 23 when he was in an intimate relationship with a woman who was 15 years his senior and who had 5 boys from a previous marriage.
Worked at a mental health ward in Marin County--where he felt really at home...
Rochelle Alicia Strider has been acting and teaching for almost 40 years. She began her professional acting career in New York City in the early 60's as part of the theatrical renaissance; starting with La Mama ETC of which she is a founding member and The Open Theater which introduced her to the improvisational skills she employs and teaches to this day. She went on to appear in over 20 productions off-Broadway. She appeared on Broadway as Simone Everade in "Marat Sade..." and also created roles on Public Television and the original NYPD.
In the mid-seventies she began a quest to incorporate her personal journey into her art, and in 1975, met Errol Strider to form a partnership in marriage and in what they now call, Innertainment and the parenting of two sons. She has taught acting classes for young and mature professionals in New York City, Boulder Colorado, Israel, Europe and San Francisco. She continues to teach acting skills to people who wish to grow spiritually. She is currently writing a text on "Acting With Love" -the A.W.L. process.
As she grows and deepens her understanding of what makes us tick she shares these insights with her audiences and students in the most Inner'taining way possible.
Some of Rochelle's, and her husband Errol Strider's, programs and productions have included:
- Touring the United States for over 12 years with their original production of "Family Baggage" and accompanying workshop, "Unloading Your Baggage," both of which deal with dysfunctional families, addiction and abuse.
- Touring summer camps sponsored by the United Methodist Church doing performances and conducting workshops on life style and spiritual values.
- Teaching at the Master's degree program for Matthew Fox at the Institute for Creation Centered Spirituality at Mundelein College and Dominican University.
- Errol led a series of workshops on freedom and empowerment at the Boulder County Jail.
- A series of performances and workshops sponsored by The Attorney General of the State of Mississippi.
- Leading a Sunday gathering in Boulder, Colorado for almost three years.
- Conducting a series of workshop for over 10 years called, "From Fear to Freedom"
- Leading workshops for many hospitals and treatment centers all across the United States
- Performing and leading workshops for many Indian reservations
- Doing performances, services and workshops for many church denominations across the country
- Creating and leading events for College Campus Ministry programs from coast to coast
- Producing and performing the "Laughing Heart Show" an ongoing series of performances
- Performing and leading workshops for school staffs and for High School students
- Producing video and audio programs as well as publishing several volumes of poems, parables and performance pieces, including a 15 part television series, "The Gathering."