Comparing Muslim law to the U.S. Constitution...
Nonie Darwish, a former Muslim, is the author of "Cruel and Usual Punishment: The Terrifying Global Implications of Islamic Law" and the founder of Former Muslims United.
What would the world look like under Shariah law? Shariah is a system of clear-cut laws in Islam decided by great imams after years of examination and interpretation of the Quran, Hadith and Muhammad's life.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf claims that the U.S. Constitution is Shariah compliant. Well isn't that nice to know...Now let the learned Imam Rauf tell us what part of the following laws are compliant with the U.S. Constitution.
Many like to extol the virtues of Shariah law because the charging of Interest is not allowed in Shariah compliant Banks. From what I've heard and read, that’s what they claim, but it’s a phony set up. Islamic law forbids the payment of interest, but the way the Islamic lending system is set up is a fraud. The bank utilizes a land contract for the Muslim customers to avoid paying interest -- instead, they pay monthly rental payments. The bank is in it to make money. The bank has to charge interest to recoup the investment and make a profit. Therefore, the monthly payments on the mortgage are set up to include interest for the entire period of the payments. They can call it whatever they want, but the customers are still paying interest. So it seems that ALL Banking must be Fraudulent in one way or another. And consider this -- What if it's true that the Saudis and other Muslims are heavily invested in Wall Street and they're propping up our Banks and we can't pay them what we owe them? If they don't charge "Interest" on their loans, then what would they require to settle the debt? Looks like China has some competition. So, is Imam Rauf truthful or a fraud?...
Shariah for Dummies
A few of their laws:
1. Jihad, defined as "to war against non-Muslims to establish the religion," is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (caliph). Muslim caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Shariah and unfit to rule.
2. A caliph can hold office through seizure of power, meaning through force.
3. A percentage of Zakat (charity money) must go toward jihad.
4. A Muslim who leaves Islam must be killed immediately.
5. A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of: 1) an apostate, 2) an adulterer, and 3) a highway robber – making vigilante street justice and honor killing acceptable.
6. A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim but will get it for killing a Muslim.
7. Shariah never abolished slavery or sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave.
8. Shariah dictates death by stoning, beheading, amputation of limbs, flogging – even for crimes of sin such as adultery.
9. Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims under the law. They must comply with Islamic law if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their Scriptures or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
10. It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. But the same does not apply to Muslims.
11. There is no age limit for marriage of girls. The marriage contract can take place any time after birth and consummated at age 8 or 9.
12. Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband's obligation to support her, and gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
13. Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying, "I divorce you," and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
14. There is no community property between husband and wife, and the husband's property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
15. The dowry is given in exchange for the woman's sexual organs.
16. A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and women captured in battle, and if the enslaved woman is married, her marriage is annulled.
17. A woman loses custody if she remarries.
18. To prove rape, a woman must have four male witnesses.
19. A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body, which is considered "Awrah," a sexual organ. Not all Shariah schools allow the face of a woman exposed.
20. A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife at the time he caught her in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women since he "could be married to the woman he was caught with."
21. It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory. That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam's commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying...
LINK to More Shariah Laws: